Thursday, November 22, 2012

Blog Writing: Take 2

So I've clearly been a failed blogger. Last post on October 3rd? That was almost 2 months ago!! "Sorry sorry" as they would say here in Rwanda, that's very bad of me. 

As a result of my failed blogging skills, I have decided to take a new angle at blogging: instead of writing ginormous life stories for posts every so often, I'm going to try to just write a brief synopsis at the end of each day (or at least every other day). Hopefully this way I won't be such a fail and every one (including myself) will be continuously updated on what's happening in my life here in Rwanda. 

I'll start with a brief roundup of my weekend, etc.:

Friday
Had a going away dinner for Alvin, our awesome friend from Uganda who returned home to Kampala on Sunday. Nine of us enjoyed a lovely dinner at Zen Oriental Cuisine in Nyarutarama (Kigali). Lots of wine, sushi and a variety of oriental dishes - wonderful food and gorgeous restaurant!
Saturday
Friendsgiving!! On Saturday some of our lovely Kigali friends hosted a Thanksgiving dinner/potluck at their home. About 30 people attending this splendid gathering, and the food spread was outstanding. Sadly I arrived super late due to language barriers with moto's and lack of vehicle taxi's, among other set backs, so I failed to produce the sesame green beans I had promised - oopsies! Bottle of wine had to suffice. Below are a few ridic photos from that night :-)
Sunday
Sunday I came down with the initial symptoms of what turned out to be a small flu virus, which is finally almost gone - so I wasn't feeling the greatest on this day to say the least. However! It was Alvin's official last day in Rwanda, so Justine, Joyce, Alvin and I all went to brunch at Bourbon Coffee for his final send off. Sunday evening I retreated to my bed Muhanga in an attempt to save my body from the lovely illness I had adopted. Tuesday I went to the clinic in Kigali where I was officially diagnosed with a minor flu virus and prescribed this wonderful medication that has nursed me back to health in lightning speed - success! :-)

Alright my loved ones, that is my update for now - I promise to be more effective at providing short, daily updates in my blog. 

À bientôt! :-) 

xox MM.


4 comments:

  1. your friendsgiving looks like it was a ton of fun! where did that bird (is it a turkey? i cant tell haha) come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mama! :) And Helen, it definitely is a Turkey - was actually one that the originally bought to cook, but she was too small for the big group of us so they bought 2 big males to eat instead and kept the females as "pets" lol! She was outside and one of my friends decided it would be a great idea for her to join in on the pic - poor poor turkey lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh wow! are you guys going to cook her later?
      and i couldn't tell at first since that turkey is actually the best looking (live) turkey i've ever seen. the rest that i've seen have been really creepy and wrinkly haha

      Delete